When Do You Need A Build Over Agreement

Frequent problems with construction agreements that are not professionally designed (DIY): You need to fill out a Thames Water Build Over application form. Be sure to get your consent before you start laying the foundation stone to avoid fines or additional costs. TIP: If we use our services, we can coordinate the necessary drawings and submit your application on your behalf. To find out if you are eligible for a self-circified agreement, complete the questionnaire on the Thames Water Build Over website (link above) … Or ask us! It is certainly worth considering other options before submitting an application, such as: Avoiding sewers by modifying the plans – Divergence of sewers If the alternatives are considered, the only option is to ask the water company for a construction agreement, then an application should be made. Every water company has to go through different processes and bear different costs. Build over-agreements are a complex area both technically and legally and those who are not professional developers should consider seeking professional advice. A professional civil engineering consultant, with particular experience in building contracts, sewers and foundations, should be put in place. The cost of damage to sewers or foundations, without agreement or agreement, can be prohibitive. If you do not receive the necessary approval before construction, the water department can remove all structures that block access to the sewers and will not be responsible for the damage caused. It can also affect the future sale of your property, since your construction will likely be discovered via a public sewer if your buyer conducts a search during the transaction.

Your lawyers will check the drainage report of the sewer plans and location to determine if part of your land appears to be 3 metres from a canal or runoff. The other possibility is that the seller will provide the buyer with compensation insurance to protect against financial losses resulting from the construction of the property through a public sewer. It is the fastest and cheapest option, but whether or not insurance is available depends on the circumstances of each case. The requirement for a construction contract is defined in the H4 part building by-law If you never expand or complete your home, you should always know if there are pipes/channels under or near your property. If there are pipes within 3m of your proposal, you must obtain permission from Thames Water.